Web Design for Charity is different to that of a profit earning business. You are not trying to sell a product or service, but instead raise awareness and ask kindly for people to make a donation.
Five things your charity website should clearly show its users:
- The mission of your charity Clearly visible somewhere on your homepage should be a sentence or two just simply outlining who your charity helps.
- How the donations are used People will want to be told where their donations are going and what it is being used for. Having a page which clearly explains this will give people confidence that their money is being used to help change people’s lives.
- Your charity’s goals You have already told people on your homepage what the mission of your charity is but it is always good to go into more detail about your goals. Explain to them what the charity aims to change in one, five and ten year’s time.
- Have donation buttons The end result you need from people looking at your website is them deciding that they are going to donate some money to your charity. To make this easy for them to do it is good to have a clear ‘Donate’ button on every page.
- Contact Details Your website should contain your charity’s telephone number, address and email address for people to be able to get in contact with you.
If your need Web Design for your Charity, please contact me on 0208 466 8160 or 07790 777 488. I will be more than happy to assist you further and I look forward to hearing from you. If you prefer, you can email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PS. Why not check out my portfolio to see my recent projects?