Let’s face it, it’s great to have a beautiful website full of the latest features and gadgets…but if your website isn’t getting you business leads what’s the point? I’ve come up with 5 fantastic tips on how to convert visitors of your website into quality leads. All from my experience as a Freelance Web designer Enjoy!
- Get a Call to Action What is a Call to Action? Well, quite simply it is an element that calls a website visitor to make an action. This could be clicking a button that links to a contact page. Or filling a form in for some sort of incentive; perhaps a Free Download. Either way, the Call to Action is there to catch your viewers attention and to direct them to complete that important action which converts them from a visitor to a lead!
- Make it EASY for your visitors to get in touch As with any Sales situation, you must make it easy for your ‘prospect’ to say ‘yes’ or decide to contact you. There are so many ways of your prospective customers to contact you in this day and age, you may as well take advantage of all of them; Phone, Email, Mobile, Social Networking pages etc. Include your phone number and email address in your header, in a sidebar or on a banner on your website page. Add a link to your Contact Page with a form! Add icons that link to your social pages. How about adding a ‘Request a Call Back’ form too?
- Install Google Analytics This fantastic tool from Google not only gives you visitor statistics, real time reports and conversion analytics. You can also take a look at your ‘visitors flow’. This clever tool lets you see how long people spent on your website, which pages they visited (in chronological order) and (more importantly) where they left you site. You can then analyse the problem page to see what might have upset them or caused them to leave!
- Responsive Web Design We all know the importance of Mobiles and Tablets when it comes to web design, yet too often I see websites looking terrible on an iPhone, iPad or other device. Get a good web designer who will optimise your website to look beautiful on ALL screen sizes and devices. You can’t afford to lose a huge chunk of traffic because of incompatibility.
- Check & Test EVERYTHING often Unbelievably, I regularly come across websites that have styling issues, coding errors and buttons that don’t work. We’re all human, and we all make mistakes but it helps to regularly check all the pages on your website to ensure everything is working.
If the above is what you’re looking for from a web designer in London, please contact me on 0208 466 8160 or 07790 777 488. I will be more than happy to assist you further and I look forward to hearing from you. If you prefer, you can email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.