Being a freelance web designer means I need to be super organised at all times to ensure my projects are being completed on time and to an exceptional standard. This ensures I give a great customer service meaning my customers are always happy with my service.
Below are a few tips which I have learnt over the last few years which have helped me to keep on top of my work and make sure that everything has ran smoothly:
- Use your time effectively Realise that there are only 24 hours in a day, 8 or 9 of which are for working. If you exceed this amount you run the risk of burning the candle at both ends which will ultimately see a dip in the standard of the work you are completing.
- Set Goals Set daily, weekly, monthly and even yearly goals which you can tick off when you have completed, allowing you to see how on target you are.
- Prioritise Sort your workload into an order of importance. Work out which tasks need to be completed urgently compared to those that could take a bit longer. Then do work through them in this order, it’s not rocket science!
- Do not multi task Once you have set your goals and made a To Do list to prioritise the order in which they need to be completed, always try to complete them in this order. In the long run it causes more stress and ends up taking more time to complete if you do half of one task, begin something new and then keep going back and forth between the two. It is always best to focus your mind on the job in hand and get that finished before moving on to the next thing.
- Keep on top of emails There is nothing worse than opening up your email inbox and being faced with hundreds of emails that all need replying to. Try to reply to emails when you get them, or at least dedicate an hour or two at the end of each day to replying to emails to allow you to stay on top of them and keep your inbox clear.