Here at Hatchit, we believe there is no ‘one size fits all’ for marketing businesses online. After all, not all of your customers are searching for your services in the same place. It could be that Search Engine Optimisation is the most effective strategy for your business, or perhaps the traditional business card or leaflet design drop suits you best. Maybe advertising on social media websites gets you the most clicks, or as we believe the best method: a combination of the above and more!
If you are thinking of experiementing with advertising on Facebook, here are 5 handy tips to get you started:
- Plan your goals and budget Before starting, you need to determine what your goals are for the advert and how much you are willing to spend to achieve them. With regards to budget, Facebook has a handy tool called Optimized CPM which allows them to bid for advert space on your behalf within the perimeters you set. This ensures you don’t spend more then you intend to.
- Direct visitors to a specific landing page It’s most likely your advert will have some sort of hook or message to entice viewers to click and find out more about your offerings. For this reason, the best way to really convert a visitor to leaving their details or getting in touch with you is to have a landing page specifically designed for the hook or message. For example, if you are offering a download voucher for 20% off your service, after clicking on the advert your visitors should land on a page where they can fill out a form to download the voucher.
- Use a Video Video is a fantastic way of engaging your prospective customers, and communicating your message in a short space of time. Nowadays, people feel they don’t have time to read paragraphs of text so a video is a great alternative.
- Use quality imagery Nothing gives a worse message than bad images on an advert. Currently, Facebook lets you choose from a range of free, high quality stock images when creating an ad. So there really isn’t an excuse for bad images!
- Publish variations of your advert It’s a good idea to create a few variations of your advert with different images, headlines, buttons etc and test each to see how they perform.
We hope our 5 tips give you a few good ideas to get started. With any pay per click advertising, it can take some experimenting and fine tuning before you start to see consistent results. Write down your goals and budget before you get started, and review your results at the end of your campaign.
To find out more about our online marketing services, please get in touch.