Branding is one of the most important aspects of a business. It helps build trust with your audience enables your company to stand out from the competition. It creates a feeling or provokes an emotion in your customers, which can help to convert them into a lifetime, loyal customer.
But how does one start? And what is involved in the process? We’ve put forward 5 tips to get you started with the basics.
- Define your brand – It’s worth having a think about who you are as a company and what your message is. Ask yourself why customers would want to buy from you and not your competitors. Jot down some ideas or buzz words which you and your customers would associate with your business.
- Use a professional – We’re not just saying this because we’re professionals! Yes it’s tempting to do it yourself when there are tools to help you create quick logos online or enable you to download fonts and slap something together in Paint. But what message is this sending to your audience? That your company is worth the time it takes to slap something together in 5 minutes? A professional will be able to understand your business and the message want to communicate, and come up with a solution to do just this.
- Simplicity is key – This is so true when it comes to logos and branding. Your message needs to be clear and easy to understand, and this should reflect in all your design assets.
- Stick to your message – Once you’ve decided on a message, tagline and simple logo you need to be consistent in what you are communicating. For example, if your brand is all about keeping things simple, every aspect of your products or services should be just that – simple. Consistency in what you say, do and are as a company will maintain trust.
- Use it everywhere – Get it out there! Your logos and tagline should be on your website, in your print work, on your letter heads, on your business cards, on your social media pages – everywhere. Remind everyone who you are and why you are special.
We hope these 5 tips get you started on the road to an exciting new brand (or re brand). Please drop us a line if you would like to talk about what we can do for you.