Hatchit Design was founded in Bromley, and whilst our workspace has moved down the road to Croydon we still regularly find ourselves back in our home town for meetings (or the odd shopping trip). To those who have not been to this neck of the woods (and it is quite leafy here) here’s 5 reasons why we love Bromley:
- Shopping – Call it the ‘Glades’ or the recently re branded ‘intu’, this shopping centre offers a choice of over 130 stores making it a shopper’s delight! Another point worth mentioning is the centre-wide free Wifi which is pretty damn reliable and fast.
- Crystal Palace Park – OK, the park isn’t in Bromley town centre but it is in the borough of Bromley so it counts! This historical Victorian pleasureground features parkland, full-scale dinosaur sculptures, lakes, the National Sports Centre, a farm and more. Always a great day out with the kids!
- Chislehurst Caves – Caves…in London? Yes! These famous caves are just a short drive from Bromley town centre. You can get a guided tour of this labyrinth of man-made tunnels which are as much as 30 metres below the woodland above.
- The Churchill Theatre – The 785 capacity theatre was built in 1977, in the style of a European opera house. Many shows start at this theatre, which makes it a great venue to catch a new musical before it is transferred to the West End. We recently saw a pantomime at the theatre which was fantastic!
- The Countryside – Bromley is a suburb in Greater London, but that doesn’t stop it from being 5 minutes from the countryside! The local Farnborough Village is the perfect historical, countryside-style location, featuring a lovely Church. It was also the filming location for the popular Footballer’s Wives.
What more would you want from a London suburb other than great shopping, large parks, family attractions, a buzzing night life and local countryside?