In these modern times, everyone understands how powerful the web is as a platform to sell products and services. A website is like an online shop window for a business, and every shop relies on footfall. The more people that enter your shop, the more you will sell. So how do you drive more visitors to your ‘online shop window’ website? Well, we’ve put together 5 fast tips for doing just that:
- Social Media – Most of the world is connected through social media, and it’s fast becoming an important market place for businesses to advertise and build their online presence. No, you don’t have to post a silly video, or tweet about your breakfast. A social media page can be a good way to continiously connect with your customers, tell them about your latest offers or offer incentives for sharing your page. And what does it cost? Only your time.
- Responsive – A long time has passed since Google announced they were going to penalise websites that are not mobile friendly by dropping their ranking position, and it still amazes me how many websites I come across that are not responsive. If your website is mobile friendly, you will be placed higher in the keyword search rankings than your competitors who’s websites are not. But it’s also about user experience. Have you ever browsed a website on your mobile that you need to continuously use your fingers to zoom in and out to read the content? This seriously puts visitors off browsing your site.
- Create valuable content – It’s common knowledge that building strong back links can help your ranking position in Google, but asking for such links can be time consuming (and boring). Why not create content which other websites want to link to without being asked? Something useful, valuable or relevant. And if your content goes viral? Well, you won’t be worrying about traffic for a while if it does…
- Optimise your website – It may sound complicated but there are one or two quick ways to make your website Google-friendly: a) Start by writing some Meta tags for each of your pages, these should be based on your keywords, location or services e.g. “Plumber London”. b) Make sure you are publishing regular content which is relevant to your industry c) Ensure all your images have ‘alt’ tags which again, are based on your keywords e.g.” Plumber London Holding Spanner”. You can find many more tips doing a quick search online.
- Advertise – Start a Pay Per Click campaign, or hire a professional to do it for you. PPC advertising can be expensive and involves a fair bit of experimentation, so you should decide on a budget and a length of time to commit.
There you have it, 5 ways to get more visitors to your website. We hope you’ve found this article helpful, and please do get in touch if you would like to talk about how we can help get more traffic to your site.